This content is intended for use by healthcare professionals.
This Global website is not intended to represent or suggest that particular products are approved or authorized in any particular jurisdiction. You should not construe anything on this website as a promotion or solicitation for any product or service, or as suggesting that a product or service be used where it is not approved or authorized by applicable law and regulation in a particular country, territory, or jurisdiction. To learn which products are approved or authorized in particular countries, please consult the appropriate
1. Girardis M, Busani S, Marietta M. Severe bleeding in critical care. In: Gullo A, editor. Anaesthesia, Pain, Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine: Springer, 2005.
2. Levi M, van der Poll T. Hemostasis and Coagulation. In: Norton JA, Barie PS, Bollinger RR, Chang AE, Lowry SF, Mulvihill SJ, et al., editors. Surgery: Basic Science and Clinical Evidence. 2nd ed: Springer, 2008:149–65.
3. Despotis GJ, Joist JH, Goodnough LT. Monitoring of haemostasis in cardiac surgical patients: impact of point-of-care testing on blood loss and transfusion outcomes. Clin Chem 1997;43(9):1684–96.
4. Koh MB, Hunt BJ. The management of perioperative bleeding. Blood Rev 2003;17(3):179-85.
5. Fenger-Eriksen C, Lindberg-Larsen M, Christensen AQ, Ingerslev J, Sorensen B. Fibrinogen concentrate substitution therapy in patients with massive haemorrhage and low plasma fibrinogen concentrations. Br J Anaesth 2008;101(6):769-73.
6. Danes AF, Cuenca LG, Bueno SR, Mendarte Barrenechea L, Ronsano JB. Efficacy and tolerability of human fibrinogen concentrate administration to patients with acquired fibrinogen deficiency and active or in high-risk severe bleeding. Vox Sang 2008;94(3):221-6.
7. Fenger-Eriksen C, Ingerslev J, Sorensen B. Fibrinogen concentrate--a potential universal hemostatic agent. Expert Opin Biol Ther 2009;9(10):1325-33.
8. CSL Behring. Haemocomplettan P Monograph. 2009:1-29.
9. Lorenz R, Kienast J, Otto U, Egger K, Kiehl M, Schreiter D, et al. Efficacy and safety of a prothrombin complex concentrate with two virus-inactivation steps in patients with severe liver damage. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2003;15(1):15-20.
10. DeSancho MT, Pastores SM. Part 2: Functions of the liver: Synthetic Function. In: Rodes J, Benhamou J-P, Belei AT, Reicher J, Rizzetto M, editors. Textbook of Hepatology. 3rd ed, 2008:225-63.
11. Ferraris VA, Ferraris SP, Joseph O, Wehner P, Mentzer RM, Jr. Aspirin and postoperative bleeding after coronary artery bypass grafting. Annals of surgery 2002;235(6):820-7.
12. Beriplex® P/N Training Manual: CSL Behring. , 2010:1–73.
13. Spahn DR, Rossaint R. Coagulopathy and blood component transfusion in trauma. Br J Anaesth 2005;95(2):130-9.
14. Martinowitz U, Michaelson M. Guidelines for the use of recombinant activated factor VII (rFVIIa) in uncontrolled bleeding: a report by the Israeli Multidisciplinary rFVIIa Task Force. J Thromb Haemost 2005;3(4):640-8.
15. Fenger-Eriksen C, Jensen TM, Kristensen BS, Jensen KM, Tonnesen E, Ingerslev J, et al. Fibrinogen substitution improves whole blood clot firmness after dilution with hydroxyethyl starch in bleeding patients undergoing radical cystectomy: a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial. J Thromb Haemost 2009;7(5):795-802.